Friday, December 25, 2009

Drugstore Makeup Purchases


So I have extremely sensitive skin and can't wear most foundations, like MAC, without getting minor breakouts. I'm a huge fan of Almay's foundation, especially since my dermatologist recommended it. I ran out of my foundation yesterday and went to CVS and bought the Almay Smartshade makeup in light/medium for $13.99. It's an interesting formula - it comes out in a whitish color and you blend it on your face with your hands and it automatically changes to the perfect shade for your skin. It's not as good coverage as Almay's regular foundation but I'm still going to continue to use it, especially since I paid $14 for it.

Then, for a whopping $16, I bought Maybelline's Pulse Perfection mascara because I absolutely HATE the Makeup Forever's Aqua Smoky Lash mascara that I bought. I chose Maybelline's Pulse Perfection because my absolute favorite mascara in the entire world is Lancome's Oscillation mascara, which is $34. The Pulse Perfection mascara is OK, much better than Makeup Forever, but when I have the $$$, I'm going to buy the Lancome Oscillation mascara too. Then again, I have the shortest lashes ever, so there is really no miracle formula for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment